BANDIT 2022 : Special Track on BLOCKCHAIN AND DECENTRALIZED TECHNOLOGIES FOR SOCIAL GOOD (BANDIT) in conjunction with ACM International Conference on Information Technology for Social Good (Go
Call For Papers
CFP: Special track on BLOCKCHAIN AND DECENTRALIZED TECHNOLOGIES FOR SOCIAL GOOD (BANDIT) in conjunction with ACM International Conference on Information Technology for Social Good (GoodIT 2022)
7-9 September 2022, Limassol, Cyprus
Accepted papers will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
Special issues associated with the conference are being organized. Selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to those journals.
## MOTIVATION AND RATIONALE
Social good has a big impact on society. Indeed, the term “social good” is referred to something which benefits the general public, and at the same time, it is something that reflects and respects their wishes, being ‘from’ the people. The social good can be envisioned as global citizens uniting to unlock the potential of individuals through collaboration to create a positive societal impact. A lot of interest has been produced in the last years, and new proposals and technologies have been considered. Among them, Blockchain, distributed ledger technologies, and decentralized technologies in general, such as IPFS, have been considered in order to improve all the aspects of the social good. Blockchain and decentralized technologies have been a big impact on the world. In particular, the Blockchain technology has been applied to several fields, such as e-health, IoT, media, etc. The big question around the definition of this track is: “how the blockchain gives a big impact on the social good? And how decentralization can improve the ICT industries?”. The track manages the possible application of decentralized technologies in research fields included in the global scope of the social good.
While the revolutionary potential of blockchains has been largely tested (in the financial domain in particular), its possible applications in social domains and to address sustainability challenges have been explored far less.
The aim of this special session is to explore and debate the main concepts and implications of blockchain technology, how it can be a driver of innovation, and its positive effects on our societies, industry, legal systems, and economic/financial system. Also, the risks and uncertainties that blockchain arrows are welcome to be debated in this section.
This special track will provide both academic and industry researchers with a forum to discuss the impact, future, and limitations of blockchain technology regarding its effect across specific industries, economic, finance, law, etc.
* Blockchain and decentralized architectures and algorithms
* Protocols for management and access using blockchain
* Consensus and mining algorithms suited for Social Good
* Security and privacy in Blockchains and decentralized platforms
* Blockchain applications in IoT
* Blockchain applications in healthcare
* Blockchain applications in business
* Blockchain applications in manufacturing
* Blockchain applications in industry
* Blockchain applications in mobile communications and wireless networks
* Decentralized Technology for Social Media
* Blockchain in Social Networking
* Trust in Decentralized Systems
* AI for decentralization
## IMPORTANT DATES
* Papers submission: 23rd May 2022
* Notification of acceptance: 20th June 2022
* Camera-ready paper due: 11th July 2022