Euro-Par 2022 : European Conference on Parallel Processing
Conference Series : European Conference on Parallel Processing
Call For Papers
28th International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing
24-26 August 2022
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
* Red Hat
* SICSA - The Scottish Informatics & Computer Science Alliance
Euro-Par is the prime European conference covering all aspects of parallel and distributed processing, ranging from theory to practice, from small to the largest parallel and distributed systems and infrastructures, from fundamental computational problems to full-fledged applications, from architecture, compiler, language and interface design and implementation, to tools, support infrastructures, and application performance aspects.
Euro-Par covers all flavours of parallel and distributed processing:
* Compilers, Tools and Environments
* Performance and Power Modelling, Prediction and Evaluation
* Scheduling and Load Balancing
* Data Management, Analytics and Machine Learning
* Cluster, Cloud and Edge Computing
* Theory and Algorithms for Parallel and Distributed Processing
* Parallel and Distributed Programming, Interfaces, and Languages
* Multicore and Manycore Parallelism
* Parallel Numerical Methods and Applications
* High-performance architectures and accelerators
* Parallelism in IoT/Edge Computing
The main audience of Euro-Par are researchers in academic institutions, government laboratories and industrial organisations. Euro-Par aims to be the primary choice of such professionals for the presentation of new results in their specific
areas. Euro-Par’s unique organization into topics provides an excellent forum for focused technical discussion, as well as interaction with a large, broad and diverse audience. In addition, Euro-Par conferences provide a platform for a number of accompanying, technical workshops for smaller and emerging communities.
VENUE AND ORGANIZATION
Euro-Par 2022 will be held as a hybrid event, in-person at the University of Glasgow, and online. The University campus is located in the West End of Glasgow, Scotland and is easily reachable by air and by rail.
Euro-Par 2022 is organised by the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow, with support from Heriot-Watt University, the University of Edinburgh, and the University of Stirling.
Conference General Chair: Phil Trinder, University of Glasgow, UK
The Euro-Par 2022 proceedings will be published by Springer in the LNCS series.
* Papers must be in PDF format and should not exceed 14 pages (including references) and 7500 words.
* Papers must be formatted in the Springer LNCS style: www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines
* Papers that don’t meet these requirements might be rejected without a review.
* Contributions submitted elsewhere or currently under review will not be considered.
* All submitted papers will be checked for originality by Springer iThenticate. Papers which show an insufficient originality might be rejected without a review.
* Paper submissions are made through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=europar2022
IMPORTANT DATES (AoE time - Anywhere on Earth)
* Abstract Submission: 4 February 2022 (extended to 11 Feb 2022)
* Full Paper Submission: 11 February 2022 (extended to 18 Feb 2022)
* Author Notification: 29 April 2022
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an artefact that will be evaluated separately.
We invite submissions of high-quality, novel and original research results in areas of parallel and distributed computing covered by the following list of topics. More information on the topics can be found on the call for papers web page: https://2022.euro-par.org/calls/papers/
Topic 1: Compilers, Tools and Environments
* Global Chair: George Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
* Local Chair: Nick Brown, EPCC at the University of Edinburgh, UK
Topic 2: Performance and Power Modeling, Prediction and Evaluation
* Global Chair: Jorge G Barbosa, University of Porto, Portugal
* Local Chair: Horacio González-Vélez, National College of Ireland, Ireland
Topic 3: Scheduling and Load Balancing
* Global Chair: Dimitrios Nikolopoulos, Virginia Tech, USA
* Local Chair: Wolfgang Schreiner, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
Topic 4: Data Management, Analytics and Machine Learning
* Global Chair: Ruggero Pensa, University of Torino, Italy
* Local Chair: Nikos Ntarmos, Huawei Technologies, UK
Topic 5: Cluster, Cloud and Edge Computing
* Global Chair: Ivona Brandic, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Local Chair: Blesson Varghese, Queen's University Belfast, UK
Topic 6: Theory and Algorithms for Parallel and Distributed Processing
* Global Chair: Henning Meyerhenke, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
* Local Chair: Ciaran McCreesh, University of Glasgow, UK
Topic 7: Parallel and Distributed Programming, Interfaces, and Languages
* Global Chair: Gabriele Keller, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
* Local Chair: Hans Vandierendonck, Queen's University Belfast, UK
Topic 8: Multicore and Manycore Parallelism
* Global Chair: Massimo Torquati, University of Pisa, Italy
* Local Chair: Chris Brown, St Andrews University, UK
Topic 9: Parallel Numerical Methods and Applications
* Global Chair: Paolo Bientinesi, Umea University, Sweden
* Local Chair: Michael Bane, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
Topic 10: High-Performance Architectures and Accelerators
* Global Chair: Pedro Trancoso, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
* Local Chair: Tom Spink, University of St Andrews, UK
Topic 11: Parallelism in IoT/Edge Computing
* Global Chair: Rosa M Badia, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
* Local Chair: Paul Keir, University of the West of Scotland, UK
All questions about submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org