AAAI-MAKE 2022 : AAAI 2022 Spring Symposium on Machine Learning and Knowledge Engineering for Hybrid Intelligence
Call For Papers
The AAAI-MAKE 2022 symposium aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from machine learning and knowledge engineering to reflect how combining the two fields can contribute to hybrid intelligence systems.
• Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks
• Knowledge Engineering, Representation, and Reasoning
• Hybrid Intelligence and Human-in-the-Loop AI
• Explainable AI
• Commonsense AI
• Hybrid AI
• Enterprise AI
• Conversational AI
• Neuro-symbolic AI
The symposium involves presentations of accepted papers, side-tutorial events from industry, (panel) discussions, demonstrations and plenary sessions. Since AAAI-MAKE is a dedicated symposium for combining machine learning and knowledge engineering, the contributions should address hybrid intelligence settings. For more details, see the following webpage: https://www.aaai-make.info.
We solicit position/full papers and short papers that can include recent or ongoing research, business cases, application scenarios, and surveys. Use cases, application scenarios, and requirements from the industry would be highly beneficial and most welcome.
• Position/full papers (10 to 16 pages) and short papers (5 to 9 pages) will be peer-reviewed by the program committee to ensure academic integrity.
• Industrial side-tutorial event or demonstration proposals (less than 5 pages) should have a focus on business or research related to the symposium topics.
• Discussion proposals (1 to 2 pages) should contain a description of the specific topic with a list of questions and a discussion moderator.
Please submit through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sss22).
All submissions must reflect the formatting instructions (https://www.aaai-make.info/authors). Accepted papers shall be published on CEUR-WS, an established open-access proceedings site.
• Submission due: 29th of November 2021 (extended)
• Notification of authors: 5th of January 2022 (extended)
• Registration: 11th of February 2022
• Camera-ready: 18th of February 2022
• Registration for non-authors (FCFS): 4th of March 2022
• Symposium: 21-23 of March 2022
• Hans-Georg Fill, University of Fribourg, Switzerland.
• Aurona Gerber, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
• Knut Hinkelmann (co-chair), FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland.
• Doug Lenat, Cycorp, Inc., Austin, TX, USA.
• Andreas Martin (co-chair), FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland.
• Reinhard Stolle, Argo AI GmbH, München, Germany.
• Frank van Harmelen, VU University, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
AAAI-MAKE 2022 is part of the Spring Symposium Series of the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.