DM 2011 : IADIS European Conference on Data Mining 2011
Call For Papers
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students
-- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (2nd call): 29 April 2011 --
IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2011
Rome, Italy, 24- 26 July 2011
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2011)
Rome, Italy, 20 – 26 July 2011
* Keynote Speaker:
Professor Domenico Talia, University of Calabria & ICAR-CNR, Italy
* Conference background and goals
The European Conference on Data Mining (ECDM’11) is aimed to gather researchers and application developers from a wide range of data mining related areas such as statistics,
computational intelligence, pattern recognition, databases and visualization. ECDM’11 is aimed to advance the state of the art in data mining field and its various real world applications. ECDM’11 will provide opportunities for technical collaboration among data mining and machine learning researchers around the globe.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise invited talks and oral presentations.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and a CD-Rom.
The conference proceedings will be submitted for indexing to INSPEC, EI Compendex, Thomson ISI, ISTP and other indexing services.
* Best Papers
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to
selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems (IJCSIS - ISSN: 1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
* Types of submissions
Full papers, Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
* Topics related to Data Mining are of interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Core Data Mining Topics (Main area)
- Parallel and distributed data mining algorithms
- Data streams mining
- Graph mining
- Spatial data mining
- Text video, multimedia data mining
- Web mining
- Pre-processing techniques
- Security and information hiding in data mining
- Data Mining Applications (Main area)
- Image analysis
- Financial modeling
- Social Networks
- Educational data mining
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline (2nd call): 29 April 2011
- Notification to Authors (2nd call): 30 May 2011
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (2nd call): Until 20 June 2011
- Late Registration (2nd call): After 20 June 2011
- Conference: Rome, Italy, 24 - 26 July 2011
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Rome, Italy
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2011
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.datamining-conf.org/
* Program Committee
European Conference on Data Mining 2011 Program Chair
Ajith P. Abraham, School of Computer Science, Chung-Ang University, South Korea
MCCSIS 2011 General Conference Co-Chairs
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.datamining-conf.org/committees.asp
* Registered participants in the European Conference on Data Mining conference may attend the other conferences part of MCCSIS 2011 free of charge.