HIS 2011 : 11th International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems
Conference Series : Hybrid Intelligent Systems
Call For Papers
11th International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS'11)
Melaka, Malaysia, December 5 - 8 December, 2011
Conference Theme: "Hybrid Intelligent Computing Towards a Greener Future"
CALL FOR PAPERS
Hybridization of intelligent systems is a promising research field of modern artificial/computational intelligence concerned with the development of the next generation of intelligent systems. A fundamental stimulus to the investigations of Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS) is the awareness in the academic communities that combined approaches will be necessary if the remaining tough problems in artificial/computational intelligence are to be solved. Recently, Hybrid Intelligent Systems are getting popular due to their capabilities in handling several real world complexities involving imprecision, uncertainty and vagueness. HIS'11 builds on the success of last year's. The 4-day conference will feature prominent keynote speakers, workshop, tutorials, poster and paper presentation in parallel tracks. HIS 2011 invites novel contributions/papers of soft computing and pattern recognition from fundamental aspects to various practical applications.
HIS'11 will focus on the following themes:
A) Hybrid Intelligent Systems: Architectures
* Interactions between neural networks and fuzzy inference systems.
* Artificial neural network optimization using global optimization techniques.
* Fuzzy clustering algorithms and optimization techniques.
* Fuzzy inference system optimization using global optimization algorithms.
* Hybrid computing using neural networks - fuzzy systems - evolutionary
* Hybrid optimization techniques (evolutionary algorithms, simulated annealing, tabu search, GRASP etc.).
* Hybrid of soft computing and statistical learning techniques.
* Models using inductive logic programming, logic synthesis, grammatical inference, case-based reasoning etc.
* Autonomic computing.
* Hybridizatiion with novel computing paradigms: Qantum computing, DNA computing, membrane computing etc.
B) Hybrid Intelligent Systems: Applications
* Image and Signal Processing
* Internet Modeling, Communication and Networking
* Data mining
* Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
* Business Information Systems
* Control and Automation
* Special topics
Submission of paper should be made through the submission link in HIS 2011 official website (www.mirlabs.org/his11). Please refer to the conference website for guidelines to prepare your manuscript. All accepted papers will be compiled in conference proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services (getting approval). It is mandatory at least an author registers for every paper that is included in the conference proceedings. Proceedings will be made available during the conference.
Full paper submission: July 1, 2011
Paper acceptance/rejection notification: August 15, 2011
Camera ready submission: October 10, 2011
Organizing Team :
Ajith Abraham , MIR Labs, Europe
Mohamed Kamel, University of Waterloo, Canada
Ronald Yager, Iona College, USA
Albert Zomaya, University of Sydney, Australia
Azah Kamilah Muda, UTeM, Malaysia
Tzung-Pei Hong, National Univesity of Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Thank you for your support.