SoC 2011 : International Symposium on System-on-Chip
Call For Papers
SoC 2011 is the 13th SoC event, building on the tradition of a series of SoC events organized in Tampere, Finland annually since 1999. It consists of invited talks, contributed scientific papers, and a commercial exhibit with its own industrial program track. The symposium also features a panel discussion on topics of high interest to the System-on-Chip community, and a pre-conference tutorial on October 31. The mission of SoC 2011 is to provide a forum that is fully and comprehensively dedicated to SoC.
We encourage your contribution to the program by submitting a research paper, suggesting a distinguished invited lecturer and/or topic, submitting an abstract to the industry program track, suggesting a tutorial course, or a topic and tentative participants for a panel discussion.
The special theme of the year is System-Level Design Challenges. We are co-located with Conference on Design and Architectures for Signal and Image Processing DASIP 2011, November 2-4, 2011. For that, see http://www.ecsi.org/dasip
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Alternative computing concepts
• Advanced platform architectures
• Analysis and early estimation techniques
• Application-specific processors and architectures
• Configurable and reconfigurable architectures
• Hardware/software reuse techniques
• Low-power hardware techniques
• Low-power software techniques
• Operating systems for embedded systems
• Multiprocessor SOC implementations
• Network-on-chip and inter-chip communications
• Processor and compiler generators
• Retargetable compilers
• SoC verification and testing
• Software runtime environments
• Software emulation and simulation
• Software tools and languages for multiprocessor systems
• Special SoC applications
• System-level design flow and methodology
All topics should be handled highlighting the relevance to SoC.
All submissions must be made electronically in A4 PDF format, 4-8 pages.
Additional submission instructions are available on the conference website.
The scientific papers will be published in the proceedings of SoC and in IEEE Xplore. Best papers will be invited to be extended and submitted to IEEE Design & Test of Computers and International Journal of Embedded and Real-Time Communication Systems.