ISUVR 2011 : International Symposium on Ubiquitous Virtual Reality
Conference Series : International Symposium on Ubiquitous Virtual Reality
Call For Papers
International Symposium on Ubiquitous Virtual Reality (ISUVR) is an international symposium for state of the art in research on ubiquitous virtual reality. Emerging ubiquitous computing paradigm accelerates the convergence of different technologies to enrich the quality of services and user experience. Recently, there have been increasing demands of the end-users to have more control in generating, sharing and consuming digitalcontents in various forms of virtual and augmented reality.
Thus, with this trend, it would be timely to initiate a forum to discuss and share ideas on the definition and the formation of an effective “Ubiquitous VR” which facilitate natural user interaction and empower user participation in the field of AR/MR/VR. The aim of this symposium is to facilitate intellectual exchange on working-in-progress research activities with the world's most active researchers invited to ISUVR 2011.
This year, we are pleased to invite you to participate in ISUVR 2011 with the theme "Connecting Creativity", held July 1-3, 2011 in Jeju, South Korea.
The purpose of “Connecting Creativity” in this symposium is linking different technologies to enrich creative activities. We invite original and innovative idea papers on “Connecting Creativity” in the areas of Web 2.0, social computing, context-awareness, ubiquitous-, mobile-, and wearablecomputing as well as computer graphics, computer vision, virtual reality and augmented reality. The following topics are welcomed, but are not limited to:
• Theoretical backgrounds/conceptual framework for ubiquitous VR
• Fundamental technologies for ubiquitous VR
- Computer graphics
- Computer vision
- Virtual reality & Augmented reality
- Web 2.0 and social computing
- Authoring and mashup
- Pervasive & Ubiquitous computing
• Systems and Applications for ubiquitous VR
• Human-Computer Interaction and design concept for ubiquitous VR
- Full paper submission : April 09, 2011 (Extended)
- Poster Submission : April 09, 2011 (Extended)
- Acceptance notification : May 09, 2011 (Extended)
- Camera ready paper submission : May 28, 2011 (Extended)
- Symposium date : July 1-3, 2011
- Oliver Bimber (Johannes Kepler University, Austria)
- Hideo Saito (Keio University, Japan)
- Alex Hill (Georgia Institute of Technology, USA)
All the accepted papers will be
- included in the CD proceedings and the IEEE Computer Society online store.
- archived to IEEE Xplore(TM) and the IEEE Computer Society (CSDL) digital libraries