IE 2022 : 18th International Conference on Intelligent Environments
Conference Series : Intelligent Environments
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
18th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE2022)
The 18th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE2022) will be held in 2022 in Biarritz, France, from June 20th to June 23rd.
The IE Conference is now recognized as a major annual venue in the area. It has been hosted all around the world and offers a truly international forum that encourages rich exchanges.
The conference welcomes contributions from all technically active regions of the planet.
Intelligent environments refer to physical spaces in which information and communication technologies are woven with sensing/acting technologies in order to create interacting spaces enhancing occupants' experience. The ultimate objective of such environments is to provide services to occupants, enrich their activities but also to develop their awareness.
Contributions in the following areas are solicited (but not limited to):
- Advances in theories for the design, implementation, integration and evaluation of smart spaces,
- Novel architectures and middleware for the integration of devices, edges, and clouds
- Software facilities to develop, deploy, monitor, update applications for smart spaces,
- Interaction techniques using voice, gesture, eyes, etc. in smart spaces,
- Robotic technologies in smart spaces to assist human or to manage resources,
- Planning solutions to better use limited resources in smart spaces,
- Machine learning techniques for novel applications, including federated learning, few shot learning, etc.
- Solutions to deal with transversal properties including security, privacy, availability, transparency, or explainability in smart spaces,
- Novel applications in smart homes, smart building, smart cities, smart plants and smart grids.•
Industrial applications and feedback from large scale experience are strongly encouraged.
As in previous years, IE will host a dozen workshops and tutorials in the most current fields related to smart environments. Also, special sessions, industrial forum, demos and doctoral colloquium will be organized as usual by the IE community.
All full and short papers accepted in the main conference will be published in indexed proceedings (currently in negotiation with IEEE, as in previous editions).
All papers accepted in the workshops program will be published as a volume of the Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments Series of IOS Press and electronically available through ACM Digital Library.
Both proceedings will be ISI indexed. Also, as every year, a selection of papers will be invited to submit extended versions to indexed journals.
Conference: 20-23 June 2022
Conference paper submission: 1 December 2021
Workshops proposal: 17 September 2021
Tutorial proposal: 17 September 2021
Special sessions proposal: 17 September 2021