HPCA Industry 2022 : IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture -- Industry Track
Call For Papers
The International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture includes an industry track within the main conference program. The objective of this track is to present papers with high industry relevance that describe existing/planned/cancelled products and/or insights on important challenges faced by industry. The discussion in this forum is expected to educate the wider computer architecture community on the challenges facing the industry and to encourage them to investigate solutions. The session will include a small number of papers selected based on depth and relevance to the HPCA audience. Architects, designers, and developers involved in some aspect of industrial computer systems design and development are invited to submit a paper describing existing, planned, or canceled products, as well as new challenges, issues, and opportunities in next-generation computer systems. The paper needs to provide insights, results, etc. that are unique to industry and that make it clearly distinguishable from a regular paper.
Authors should submit an abstract by July 23rd, 2021. They should submit the full version of the paper by July 30th, 2021. No extensions will be granted. The full version should be a PDF file following the submission guidelines that will be made available at the submission website. Papers should be submitted for double-blind review. The company or product name in question need not be obscured, but no references should be made to individual author identities.
Please take note of the following guidelines for the industry track:
• The goal of the HPCA industry track is to publish papers written by industry authors with content related to an industrial product/process. This includes both existing products and planned products, even if the product was cancelled, as long as interesting insights/learned lessons are presented in the paper.
• Examples are papers that describe a product, papers that characterize a product, papers that describe some interesting component of a product, papers that provide some insights on challenges faced by industry, etc.
• Papers may include co-authors from academia, provided that the content is clearly related to an industrial product/process. On the other hand, research papers whose scope is not clearly related to a product are not appropriate for this track and will be rejected from the industry track. Such papers should be submitted to the regular track even if authors are from industry.
• Papers will be evaluated with the same standards of quality as papers submitted to the regular track.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Processor, cache, and memory architectures
• Parallel/Multi-core architectures
• GPUs and domain-specific accelerators
• Power-efficient architectures
• Dependable/secure architectures
• Analysis and exploitation of product security vulnerabilities
• High-performance I/O systems
• Embedded, IoT, reconfigurable, and heterogeneous architectures
• Interconnect and network interface architectures
• Architectures for cloud, HPC, and data centers
• Innovative hardware/software trade-offs
• Impact of compilers and system software on architecture
• Performance/Power modeling and evaluation
• Architectures for emerging technology and applications
** IMPORTANT DATES **
Abstract submission: July 23rd, 2021
Full paper submission: July 30th, 2021
Author rebuttal period: Sep. 28th — Oct. 8th, 2021
Author notification: Oct. 27th, 2021
For more information, including submission instructions (when available), please see the HPCA22 website (https://hpca-conf.org/2022/).