DIMVA CfW 2011 : DIMVA 2011 Call for Workshops Proposals
Call For Papers
This year, in a break from previous DIMVAs, we want to allow for a small
number of workshops to be co-located with the main conference.
Researchers and practitioners are therefore invited to submit proposals
for workshops to be held in conjunction with the DIMVA 2011 conference.
The purpose of workshops is to provide a forum for exchanging opinions,
presenting ideas, and discussing preliminary results in a smaller and
more interactive atmosphere.
Proposals should include:
* Workshop name and a 150 to 200 word abstract describing the
workshop, suitable for the conference web site.
* A short summary of the topic, scope and significance of the
workshop including a discussion on the relevance to DIMVA topics.
* Information about the procedure for selecting papers, plans for
dissemination (for example, special issues of journals, or position
statements distributed to the participants), the expected number of
participants and the planned workshop format.
* A brief CV of each of the organizers including contact addresses
and an identification of a single primary contact.
All proposals will be judged on their merits and only the best proposals
will be accepted.
The DIMVA 2011 organization provides:
* Link from DIMVA web site.
* Management of registration for participants.
* Setup of meeting space, and related equipment.
* Coffee-breaks and workshop dinner arrangements.
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the
chairperson(s) of the workshop. The workshop organization must take care of:
* Coordinating deadlines and acceptance notifications for workshop
papers with the DIMVA Workshop chair.
* Workshop publicity, call for papers, and submission and review
* Providing a brief description of the workshop for inclusion on the
DIMVA web page.
* Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the DIMVA
* Workshop proposals due: December 22, 2010 (11:59am CEST)
* Acceptance notification: January 11, 2010
* Date of Workshops: July 6, 2011
Please, send electronic submissions to email@example.com. You can expect
a confirmation on receipt of the proposal. If you do not receive a
confirmation, please resend the proposal.
The main DIMVA website is hosted at http://www.dimva.org, the DIMVA 2011
website is at http://www.cs.vu.nl/dimva2011/ and this DIMVA 2011 call
for workshop proposals can also be found at