YSC 2021 : International Young Scientists Conference in Computational Science 2021
Call For Papers
Join us for Young Scientists Conference in Computational Science 2021 (YSC2021),
28 June – 2 July, 2021
The conference is held online.
University of Crete, Greece, ITMO University, Russia supported by Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), Greece, National Center for Cognitive Research, Russia, announce 2021 International Young Scientists Conference and Intensive Training School for young researchers and professionals in computational science.
***YSC2021 at a glance
Simulation and systems thinking is one way to explain the complex world in which we live. By collecting big data and building computer models, scientists can make predictions or even preventions on critical situations. The Conference aims to strengthen the ties between young scientists in different countries, thus promoting future collaboration in the framework of Computational Science and major application aspects of big data, high-performance computing, computer modeling, and simulation to tackle a wide range of issues in science, industry, and business.
Additionally, the Conference includes the Intensive Training School, which aims to train participants by means of best practices in data operations, analytics, and building of models.
YSC-2021 invites original contributions on all topics related to High-Performance Computing and Simulation, including, but not limited to:
• Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems
• Big Data and Data-intensive Applications
• Machine Learning and Cognitive Information Technologies
• Problem Solving Environments
• Parallel and Distributed Computing Architectures and Systems
• Visualization, VR & AR in Computational Science
• High-Performance Data Analytics and Convergence with HPC
Submit your paper now to participate in this international, interdisciplinary, and intercultural event.
***Key conference events
• Sessions to present and discuss the scientific papers of the conference participants
• Guest lectures of the leading scientists
• Intensive training school
*** Intensive training school
The aim of the intensive training school is to give participants practical skills in working with data and building data-driven models using machine learning, as well as introduce modern tools in this area.
1) How to store and process big distributed data effectively and correctly?
2) How to build, learn and validate data-driven models quickly?
3) How to detect patterns and anomalies in real-world data?
***Requirements for participation
Students of Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs, young researchers, and young experts of the leading academic institutions and industrial organizations are invited to take part in the conference. Selection will be based on the results of the peer-review process.
Paper submission deadline: April 25th, 2021
Notification of acceptance: May 28, 2021
Conference Sessions: June 28 – July 2, 2021
Camera-proof copies: July 15th, 2021
The manuscripts presented in the format of the authentic scientific paper 6-10 pages, written in English and formatted according to the Procedia Computer Science templates should contain statements and solutions (or research) of a specific problem within the limits of the conference subjects. All papers will go through the peer-review process. Papers accepted for publication and presented at the conference will be published in the YSC 2021 special issue of Procedia Computer Science (indexed in Scopus, Conference Proceedings Citation Index, INSPEC).
Registration fee: 75 euro
The registration fee includes:
• Access to conference sessions and Keynote lectures
• The right to present an accepted paper
• Publication of an accepted paper in Procedia Computer Science Journal
• Certificate for participation
If you have any questions concerning the participation in the conference please contact Dr. Alexandra Klimova (email@example.com)