ubimus 2022 : Vortex Journal: Ubimus, Gastrosonics and Well-Being
Call For Papers
We invite artists and scholars to participate and share their experiences in this special thematic issue on “Ubimus, Gastrosonics and Well-Being”. Papers and artistic proposals in Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian or German are accepted.
Guest editors: Damián Keller (NAP/Ufac), Tereza Raquel Alcântara-Silva (UFG), Bruno Mesz (Untref).
Topics gastrosonics and ubimus
▪ Musical sounds in the context of in-person or remote gastronomic experiences.
▪ Playful sonic experiences with food or drink.
▪ Performances or installations that feature gastronomic and musical aspects.
▪ Soundscapes in expanded gastronomic experiences.
▪ Cutlery and other accessories with XR-sonic technologies (including virtual, expanded or augmented reality).
▪ Sonic interactions among participants in gastronomic events.
▪ Applications of ubimus strategies to gastronomic activities.
▪ Integration between the Internet of Musical Things (IoMusT) devices and their gastronomic applications.
▪ Conceptual, cognitive and philosophical aspects of the intersection between ubimus and gastronomy.
Topics well-being in ubimus
▪ Conceptualization of well-being and its impact on ubimus.
▪ Emerging trends and relationships between well-being, music and technological support.
▪ Music-therapeutic applications of ubimus research.
▪ Musical network-based activities and their applications for human development.
▪ Challenges of ubimus design for well-being in the domestic context.
▪ Limitations and possibilities of remote sonic-interaction strategies to increase well-being.
▪ Cognitive and neurological foundations of the relationships between well-being and ubimus activities.
▪ Well-being and ubimus in the post-2020 context.
About the journal
The Vortex Music Journal (Revista Vórtex – ISSN 2317–9937) is an online publication supported by the State University of Paraná (Brazil), indexed in the databases RILM, Web of Science, EBSCO, ProQuest, DOAJ. The Editorial Board stimulates the submission of research that presents great value to our society, both in the artistic and scientific domains. As an educational strategy, it returns to society what has been invested in research by providing 100% free online access. Vortex does not charge Article Processing fees (APC), submission fees or access to its articles. The journal has Golden Open Access, i.e. all content is available for reading without any costs. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the authorship through proper citation.
▪ Research paper (maximum 10.000 words).
▪ Artworks (expanded scores, audio or audiovisual formats), including a technical description of the creative procedures.
▪ Hardware and software demonstrations (audiovisual format).
The first call will target proposals submitted to the Ubiquitous Music Workshop (UbiMus 2021) that will take place in Porto, Portugal. Authors are invited to present their work to gather feedback from the ubimus community.