MNCAC 2011 : Call for Book Chapters: Multimedia Networking and Coding: From Capture to Display
Call For Papers
Call for Book Chapters
Multimedia Networking and Coding: From Capture to Display
Reuben A. Farrugia and Carl J. Debono
Proposals Submission Deadline: December 20, 2010
Full Chapters Due: February 28, 2011
Submission Date: June 15, 2011
Recent advances in multimedia communication systems have driven the need for more advanced video coding standards. Moreover, due to the inherent nature of video content, large bandwidths and reliable communication links are required in order to ensure a satisfactory level of Quality of Experience (QoE). These challenges have inspired both industry and research communities to concentrate their efforts in this hot area of research.
This edited book will cover the breadth of research in Multimedia Communication systems and includes innovative applications such as Multimedia Human-Machine Interface and Interaction, Free-viewpoint services, and network related topics such as Peer-to-Peer video streaming and Cross-Layer Optimization for Video Transmission. We are soliciting technical papers, in the form of book chapters, dealing with recent advances in these research areas.
Additrional information about the call for book chapter can be found here.
* To explore the state of the art in Multimedia Communications and present the techniques that are currently being used to deliver Multimedia content over wired/wireless systems.
* To identify and publish recent techniques that can evolve in future Multimedia Communication systems.
* To show experimental results from systems and applications.
* To provide business and academic communities with a book that could serve as a reference for research in Multimedia at postgraduate level.
Topics of interest for submissions include, but are not limited to
* Distributed Video Coding
* Future Generation Video Compression (H.264/AVC and beyond)
* Resilient Video Coding and Concealment
* Image Enhancement
* Multimedia Broadcasting
* Infrastructure based Multimedia Streaming over Overly Networks
* Cross-Layer Optimization for Video Transmission
* Priority based QoS Control and Scheduling of Multimedia data
* Energy Efficient Multimedia Systems
* Content-Based Multimedia Retrieval
* Free-Viewpoint Services
* Video and Image Authentication
* Biomedical Image Processing
* Multimedia Human-Machine Interface and Interaction
* 2-5 pages Proposal Deadline: 20th December, 2010
* Full Chapter Deadline: 28th February, 2011
* Review Results: 15th May, 2011
* Revised Chapters Deadline: 15th June, 2011
* Final acceptance Notification: 30th June, 2011
* Submission of Final Chapters: 15th July, 2011
Submission and Guidelines
Authors are kindly invited to send their proposals and chapters by email to both Dr. Ing. Reuben Farrugia at email@example.com and Dr. Ing. Carl Debono at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Ing. Reuben A. Farrugia
Dr. Ing. Carl J. Debono