FUSION 2021 : 24th International Conference on Information Fusion
Call For Papers
The International Conference on Information Fusion has long been recognised as a premier forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas in the field of information fusion and its impacts on our society. Authors (researchers, students and practitioners) are invited to submit papers describing advances in the theory and applications of information fusion. The 24th International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION 2021) will be held on African soil for the first time. The conference will take place at the scenic Sun City Convention Centre, nestled against the foothills of the Pilanesberg National Park in South Africa. The park hosts the big 5 (elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, buffalo) and is situated in the remnants of an extinct volcanic crater. This conference will offer a unique opportunity to the Fusion community to expand its horizons, seek out new collaborative efforts, and apply information fusion to problems faced by the African continent and the global community alike.
In the face of possible foreseen Covid-19 restrictions, a virtual component of the conference is probable.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following submission categories are welcome:
- Full Papers (between 5 and 8 pages) in one or more of the following topics, typically involving some aspect of information, data or sensor fusion.
- Tutorials (TBA – monitor “Call for Tutorials” on the www.fusion2021.co.za website)
- Specials Sessions, Panels (TBA – monitor “Call for Special Sessions and Panels on the www.fusion2021.co.za website)
Topics of Interest
The topics below are to be read within the context of sensor fusion and/or data fusion and/or information fusion.
- Theory and Representation: Probability theory, Bayesian inference, argumentation, Dempster-Shafer theory, possibility and fuzzy set theory, rough sets, logic fusion, preference aggregation, decision theory, random sets, finite point processes and others.
- Algorithms: Cognitive methods, signal processing and localisation, recognition, classification, identification, nonlinear filtering, data association, tracking, prediction, situation/impact assessment, alignment and registration, pattern/behavioural analysis, image fusion, fusion architectures, resource management, machine learning and artificial intelligence, topic modelling, natural language processing, contextual adaptation, anomaly/change detection.
- Applications: Soft-hard fusion, autonomous systems, defence/security, robotics, intelligent transportation, mining/manufacturing, wireless sensor networks, economics, finance, fintech, environmental monitoring, medical care/e-health, bioinformatics, radio astronomy, critical infrastructure protection, condition monitoring, precision agriculture, video streaming, streaming and sketching and other emerging applications.
- Methods/tools: Sequential inference, data mining, graph analysis, ontologies/semantics, modelling/realisation/evaluation, target/sensor modelling, benchmarks/testbeds, trust in fusion systems, computational methods, cloud/edge computing/fusion, fusion performance.
- Proposals for special sessions, tutorials, panels: 15 March 2021
- Notification of acceptance (Tutorials, Special Sessions and Panels): 25 March 2021
- Full Paper Submission: 15 May 2021
- Notification of acceptance (full papers): 1 August 2021
- Camera-ready paper submission: 1 September 2021
FUSION2021 proceedings will be published by the IEEE in IEEEXplore and is Scopus indexed.
Paper submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutorial submissions: email@example.com
Special sessions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Panel submissions: email@example.com
For more information on past FUSION Conferences, please visit: www.isif.org