MEMOCODE 2011 : 9th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for Codesign
Conference Series : International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for Co-Design
Call For Papers
The goal of MEMOCODE 2011, the ninth in a series of successful international conferences, is to gather researchers and practitioners in the field of the design of modern hardware and software system to explore ways in which future design methods can benefit from new results on formal methods.
Abstract submission deadline: February 25, 2011
Paper submission deadline: March 4, 2011
Notification of acceptance: April 29, 2011
Final Version for Papers: May 13, 2011
Poster submission deadline: May 13, 2011
Notification for Posters: May 27, 2011
The ninth MEMOCODE conference will attract researchers and practitioners who create methods, tools, and architectures for the design of hardware/software systems. These systems face increasing design complexity including tighter constraints on timing, power, costs, and reliability. MEMOCODE seeks submissions that present novel formal methods and design techniques addressing these issues to create, refine, and verify hardware/software systems. We also invite application-oriented papers, and especially encourage submissions that highlight the design perspective of formal methods and models, including success stories and demonstrations of hardware/software codesign. Furthermore, we invite poster presentations describing ongoing work with promising preliminary results.
Topics of interest for regular submissions include but are not limited to
· system- and transaction-level modeling and verification, abstraction and refinement between different modeling levels, formal, semi-formal, and specification-driven verification,
· design and verification methods for composition of concurrent systems: multi-core platform architectures, systems-on-chip, networks-on-chip,
· formal methods and tools for hardware and software verification including theorem proving, decision procedures,
· non-traditional and domain-specific design languages for hardware and software, novel models of computation, and new design paradigms that unify hardware and software design,
· system-level estimation of performance and power in heterogeneous hardware/software architectures,
· applications and demonstrators of formal design methodologies and case studies of innovative system-level design flows,
· modeling and reuse of intellectual property at system-level, and
· design abstraction and high-level design demonstrating productivity and quality in generating and validating RTL and software.
Conference proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society.
Submissions of research and experience papers will only be accepted through the conference website. Papers must not exceed 10 pages and must be formatted following IEEE Computer Society guidelines. Submissions must be written in English, describe original work, and not substantially overlap papers that have been published or are being submitted to a journal or another conference with published proceedings. Poster submissions should consist of an abstract of at most 250 words. The abstract will be distributed to the conference attendants but will not be published. Note that the poster deadline is different from the paper deadline.
MEMOCODE will again have a design contest. The contest will start March 1, 2011. The deadline for submission is 31 March 2011 and the notification of the results is on May 13, 2011. The conference will sponsor at least two prize categories, each with a significant cash award. We awarded a $1000 prize in each of the two categories in 2010. Each team that submits a complete and working entry will be invited to submit for review a 2-page abstract for the formal conference proceedings and present a poster at the conference; winning teams will be invited to contribute a 4-page short paper and present their work at the conference. Each team submitting a completed and working entry will also receive a commemorative plaque with their name and results. Please refer to the website for more information and updates. Details of last year's competition can be found here.