IWUCA 2010 : The 2nd International Workshop on Ubiquitous Computing and Applications
Call For Papers
The 2nd International Workshop on Ubiquitous Computing & Applications (IWUCA 2010)
DECEMBER 16-18, 2010
The second International Workshop on Ubiquitous Computing & Applications (IWUCA2010) will be held in Hainan Island, China, December 16 ~ 18, 2010 (in conjunction with CUTE2010).
The workshop interest focuses on ubiquitous computing technologies and their applications, and includes the following three research scopes: ubiquitous computing new paradigm, technologies and applications.
This workshop will support an opportunity for industry and academic professionals to discuss the latest issues and progress.
The workshop will publish high quality papers which are closely related to the various theories and practical applications in ubiquitous computing and applications.
Furthermore, we hope that this workshop will provide us with a good chance to share creative ideas regarding ubiquitous computing and applications with other researchers and engineers from institutions around the world.
[Proceeding and Publication]
Every submitted paper will be carefully reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee.
All accepted papers should at most 8 pages and will be included in the conference proceedings with IEEE CS (indexed by EI).
Distinguished papers accepted and presented, after further revisions, will be published in special issues of international journals indexed by SCI(E), KCIE and so on;
- Multimedia Tool and Applications: Springer(SCIE)
- Information: International Information Institute (SCIE)
- Journal of Internet Technology: Taiwan Academic Network, MoE (SCIE)
- Sensors: MDPI(SCIE)
- International Journal of Information Technology, Communications and Convergence: Inderscience Publishers (International Journal)
- Journal of Information Processing Systems: KIPS (KCIE)
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- High quality services for ubiquitous computing users
- Architectures, protocols, and algorithms for ubiquitous computing
- Data management issues in ubiquitous computing
- Middleware for ubiquitous computing
- Integration and interoperability of ubiquitous computing
- Performance issues of ubiquitous computing
- Security and privacy issues of ubiquitous computing
- Power management and control mechanisms and algorithms
- New ubiquitous computing applications
- Effective ubiquitous communications
- Network architecture design for ubiquitous computing
- Medium access control and Routing and forwarding
- Security and robustness and Power management scheme
- Localization and synchronization
- Practical hardware and software platform including data storage and management
- Semantic-based query processing
- Semantic ubiquitous computing
- Semantic ubiquitous computing applications
- Effective semantics building
- Metadata management for ubiquitous computing
- Case-studies on semantic sensor network
[Selected Topics: Special Issues of International Journals]
- Ubiquitous Information Technology for Multimedia Systems
- Ubiquitous Information Technology for Intelligent Applications
- Semantic Sensor Network Technologies and Applications
- Submission Deadline : August 15, 2010
- Acceptance Notification: September 5, 2010
- Camera-ready : September 15, 2010
- Workshop Date : December 16-18, 2018
Professor, Seok Cheon Park, Kyungwon University, Korea, email@example.com
Professor, Youn-Hee Han, Korea University of Technology and Education, Korea, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Committees: see http://www.iwuca2010.org