ICINCO 2011 : 8th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics
Conference Series : International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics
Call For Papers
ICINCO is sponsored by INSTICC – Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication
The purpose of the 8th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO) is to bring together researchers, engineers and practitioners interested in the application of informatics to Control, Automation and Robotics. Three simultaneous tracks will be held, covering Intelligent Control Systems, Optimization, Robotics, Automation, Signal Processing, Systems Modeling and Control.
Informatics applications are pervasive in many areas of Control, Automation and Robotics; This conference intends to emphasize this connection, therefore, authors should highlight the benefits of Information Technology (IT) in these areas. Ideas on how to solve problems using IT, both in R&D and industrial applications, are welcome. Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. Papers describing original work are invited in any of the areas listed below. Accepted papers, presented at the conference by one of the authors, will be published in the Proceedings of ICINCO, with an ISBN. Acceptance will be based on quality, relevance and originality. Both full research reports and work-in-progress reports are welcome. There will be both oral and poster sessions.
Special sessions, dedicated to case-studies and commercial presentations, as well as tutorials dedicated to technical/scientific topics are also envisaged: companies interested in presenting their products/methodologies or researchers interested in holding a tutorial, workshop or special session are invited to contact the conference secretariat or visit the conference website.
Each of these topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:
1. INTELLIGENT CONTROL SYSTEMS AND OPTIMIZATION
2. ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION
3. SIGNAL PROCESSING, SENSORS, SYSTEMS MODELING AND CONTROL
4. INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
AREA 1: INTELLIGENT CONTROL SYSTEMS AND OPTIMIZATION
* Decision Support Systems
* Distributed Control Systems
* Expert Systems for Industry
* Intelligent Fault Detection and Identification
* Knowledge-based Systems Applications
* Planning and Scheduling
* Machine Learning in Control Applications
* Hybrid Learning Systems
* Mechatronic Systems
* Neural Networks based Control Systems
* Optimization Algorithms
* Software Agents for Intelligent Control Systems
* Soft Computing
* Fuzzy Control
* Genetic Algorithms
* Evolutionary Computation and Control
AREA 2: ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION
* Robot Design, Development and Control
* Human-robots Interfaces
* Network Robotics
* Mobile Robots and Autonomous Systems
* Space and Underwater Robots
* Intelligent Transportation Technologies and Systems
* Vehicle Control Applications
* Telerobotics and Teleoperation
* Industrial Networks and Automation
* Modeling, Simulation and Architectures
* Vision, Recognition and Reconstruction
* Virtual Reality
* Image Processing
* Control and Supervision Systems
* Autonomous Agents
* Petri Nets (System Design/Verification with Nets, Protocols and Networks)
AREA 3: SIGNAL PROCESSING, SENSORS, SYSTEMS MODELING AND CONTROL
* Signal Reconstruction
* Computer and Microprocessor-based Control
* Instrumentation Networks and Software
* Force and Tactile Sensors
* Mechanical Sensors
* Sensor Fusion
* Biological Inspired Sensors
* Real-time Systems Control
* Environmental Monitoring and Control
* Time Series and System Modeling
* Time-frequency Analysis
* Information-based Models for Control
* Discrete Event Systems
* Hybrid Dynamical Systems
* System Identification
* Adaptive Signal Processing and Control
* Nonlinear Signals and Systems
* Optimization Problems in Signal Processing
* Change Detection Problems
AREA 4: INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
* Lean Enterprise
* Agile Manufacturing
* Business Process Modeling
* Supply Chain and Logistics Engineering
* Virtual Enterprises and Interoperability
* Production Planning, Scheduling and Control
* Computer-based Manufacturing Technologies
* Systems Modeling and Simulation
* Facilities Planning and Management
* Quality Control and Management
* Energy Efficiency and Green Manufacturing
* Product-Service Systems
* Precision Engineering
* Industrial Automation and Robotics
* Intelligent Design and Manufacturing
* Knowledge Management in Industry
ICINCO 2011 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are not yet confirmed.
Authors should submit an original paper in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, using the on-line submission procedure. The initial submission must have between 3 to 13 pages otherwise it will be rejected without review. Please check the paper formats page so you may be aware of the accepted paper page limits.
The guidelines for paper formatting provided at the conference web ought to be used for all submitted papers. The preferred submission format is the same as the camera-ready format. Please check and carefully follow the instructions and templates provided. Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution, and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable.
Papers that are out of the conference scope or contain any form of plagiarism will be rejected without reviews. Please read INSTICC's ethical norms regarding plagiarism and self-plagiarism.
Remarks about the on-line submission procedure:
1. A "double-blind" paper evaluation method will be used. To facilitate that, the authors are kindly requested to produce and provide the paper, WITHOUT any reference to any of the authors. This means that is necessary to remove the authors personal details, the acknowledgements section and any reference that may disclose the authors identity.
LaTeX/PS/PDF/DOC/DOCX/RTF format are accepted.
2. The web submission procedure automatically sends an acknowledgement, by e-mail, to the contact author.
Paper submission types:
Regular Paper Submission
A regular paper presents a work where the research is completed or almost finished. It does not necessary means that the acceptance is as a full paper. It may be accepted as a "full paper" (30 min. oral presentation) , a "short paper" (20 min. oral presentation) or a "poster".
Position Paper Submission
A position paper presents an arguable opinion about an issue. The goal of a position paper is to convince the audience that your opinion is valid and worth listening to, without the need to present completed research work and/or validated results. It is, nevertheless, important to support your argument with evidence to ensure the validity of your claims. A position paper may be a short report and discussion of ideas, facts, situations, methods, procedures or results of scientific research (bibliographic, experimental, theoretical, or other) focused on one of the conference topic areas. The acceptance of a position paper is restricted to the categories of "short paper" or "poster", i.e. a position paper is not a candidate to acceptance as "full paper".
After the reviewing process is completed, the contact author (the author who submits the paper) of each paper will be notified of the result, by e-mail. The authors are required to follow the reviews in order to improve their paper before the camera-ready submission.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
A short list of presented papers will be selected so that revised and extended versions of these papers will be published by Springer-Verlag in a LNEE Series book.
The proceedings will be indexed by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index, INSPEC and DBLP.
EI already agreed to index the proceedings of ICINCO 2006, 2007 and 2008. Proceedings of ICINCO 2009 and 2010 are under evaluation and the proceedings of ICINCO 2011 will be evaluated by EI after their publication.
Conference date: 28-31 July, 2011
Regular Paper Submission: February 21, 2011 (extended)
Authors Notification (regular papers): April 5, 2011
Final Regular Paper Submission and Registration: April 29, 2011
Address: Av. D. Manuel I, 27A, 2º esq.
2910-595 Setúbal - Portugal
Tel.: +351 265 520 185
Fax: +44 203 014 5435
Jean-Louis Ferrier, University of Angers, France
Kurosh Madani, The University of PARIS EST / PARIS 12, Paris, France
Oleg Gusikhin, Ford Research & Adv. Engineering, U.S.A.