SIPAIM 2010 : 6th International Seminar on Medical Image Processing and Analysis
Call For Papers
The 6th International Seminar on Medical Image Processing and Analysis will be held December 1-4, 2010, in the city of Bogota (Colombia). As in previous editions, this seminar is the appropriate space to bring together researchers (both students and professionals - mainly related to Medical Imaging) to communicate their results, developments and research experience and to promote the creation of technical and scientific collaboration networks.
This event is intended for researchers, teachers, students and professionals in a wide range of disciplines including Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biology and Health Sciences. The seminar will include lectures by both National and international experts on issues related to acquisition, digitization, visualization, processing and analysis of Medical Images. Contributions accepted by the seminar's Evaluation Committee will be presented in oral or poster sessions. In addition, several tutorials related to the topic of the seminar will be offered to the attendants.
This edition of the seminar is thought to enhance interaction between researchers (as new knowledge producers) and medical professionals (as end-users of such knowledge) through a special session focused on the presentation of research experiences and clinical applications; this session will be held on the seminar's first day, and specific works with relevant contributions in the area will be welcome for oral presentation.
For regular sessions, authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts with a maximum of 8 pages (following the format specified in http://www.sipaim.unal.edu.co/authinstructions/), containing original contributions on methodological, algorithmic, mathematical, computational and applied issues of Medical Imaging. The papers accepted for presentation will be published in the proceedings of this event (with ISBN). Extended versions of the best papers will apply to be published as indexed journal articles.
Submitted papers closely related to Medical Imaging topics will be considered for presentation. These areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Image Acquisition
* Image Generation and Reconstruction
* Image Processing and Analysis
* Segmentation and Classification
* Compression and Restoration
* Visualization and Interaction
* Diagnosis and Computer-Aided Detection
* Statistical and Computational Models
* Image Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis
* Information Systems for Image Management
* Storage, Transmission and Retrieval of images
* Multiscale / Multiresolution Representations
* Pattern Recognition and Perception
* Image registration
* Navigation Systems, Monitoring and Calibration
* Models for Detection, Discrimination, and Information Retrieval in images
* Clinical Applications and Technology Integration