CEEC 2010 : 2nd Computer science and Electronic Engineering Conference
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
CEEC - The Computer science and Electronic Engineering Conference is an ideal
venue for postgraduate researchers in the disciplines of Computer Science,
Engineering, Mathematics, Biology and Finance to meet fellow researchers in their
field. The conference, organised by a group of research students from the University
of Essex, aims to create a forum in which the participants can work together, discuss,
compare and debate different innovative ideas and solutions.
CEEC is aimed towards the current and recent works of postgraduate researchers
and provides them with the following opportunities:
· To formally record their work in a recognised published proceeding.
· To present, discuss and get feedback on their research with a friendly
audience of other colleagues as well as experts in the field.
· To form new contacts, providing professional networking prospects that help
integrating into the scientific community.
· To win prizes for the best papers/presentations.
Postgraduate researchers are hereby invited to submit papers related to their current
and recent research. CEEC 2010 will be held at the University of Essex - Colchester,
UK, 8th-9th September 2010. The conference will be hosted by the School of
Computer Science and Electronic Engineering.
CEEC welcomes submissions on (but is not limited to) the following topics:
· Embedded Systems/Pervasive
· Telecommunication Technology
and Wireless Networking
· Computational Intelligence
· Signal/Image processing
· Machine learning
· Computer Vision
· Computer games
· Brain Computer Interfaces (BCI)
· Optical Networking
· Computational Finance.
· Radio Frequency (RF) and Microwave
Prospective authors will have the opportunity to submit a full paper for either an oral
presentation or to be given as a poster presentation. All submitted papers will be
subject to peer reviewing by at least two reviewers for technical merit, significance
and relevance to the topics. Papers will be published in the proceedings of CEEC
Prospective authors should submit an electronic version of their manuscript
(PostScript or PDF format) through the conference website. The papers should not
exceed 6 pages, and should be prepared according to a CEEC format available on
http://www.essex.ac.uk/csee/research/CEEC_10/info.html. Submission implies the
willingness of at least one author per paper to register, attend the conference and
present the paper. The best paper will be awarded the CEEC Prize.
· Best paper award.
· Best oral presentation.
· One-minute madness.
TUTORIALS AND DEMOS
· Tutorial 1: Introduction to Audio Systems
· Tutorial 2: Introduction to Fuzzy Logic (to be confirmed)
· Demo 1: Classical AI Robot Behavior Coordination and Advanced Sensor
Fusion for People Tracking and Interaction
· Demo 2: Generating Bacteria inspired Robot for pollution monitoring
· Demo 3: Human-computer interface applied on an intelligent wheelchair
· Demo 4: Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Vehicle with Computer Vision
Paper Submission deadline: 9th July Camera-ready Manuscript: 23rd August
Notification of acceptance: 6th August Registration deadline: 8th September
The IEEE Computational Intelligence
Society UKRI Chapter
The Society of Digital Information and
Please find more information at the CEEC’10 webpage: