SLJR 2010 : Sri Lanka Journal of Operations Management
Call For Papers
Call for Papers - Sri Lanka Journal of Operations Management
I am pleased to inform you that the Department of Decision Sciences, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, has made arrangements to publish an academic journal titled Sri Lanka Journal of Operations Management (SLJOM). The journal is a refereed journal that is expected to be published annually. The department wishes to publish the first issue of the journal in July 2010.
The objectives of this journal are
• Advance the knowledge for improving Operations Management
• To encourage scientific and systematic research and publications in the field of Operations Management
• To further strengthen the industry and the university links through research and publications
• To assist decision making and implementation process of the country with regard to the Manufacturing, Services and Technology by providing systematic and scientific data and information
Each prospective article will be blind-reviewed by at least two of the members of the editorial board. The views of the articles in the journal do not represent the views of the department of Decision Sciences. The department will commit to publish only the original contributions to the field of Operations Management by research experience of respective authors from Sri Lanka and other countries. The following lists, while not all-inclusive, provide some guidance for the areas of greatest interest to its readers. The first list covers general topic areas, while the second list includes a sample of more specific techniques and approaches.
General Topic Area: Operations management in process, manufacturing, and service organizations; Operations strategy and policy; Product and service design and development; Research and Development; Management of Innovation; Manufacturing and service systems design; Technology management for operations; Multi-site operations management; Capacity planning and analysis; Operations planning, scheduling and control; Project management; Human resource management for operations; Work design, measurement, and improvement; Performance measurement and productivity; Quality management; Purchasing/sourcing systems; Materials and inventory management; Logistics, transportation, distribution, and materials handling; International and comparative operations; Operations information management; Supply Chain Management, Knowledge Management, Regulatory and environmental issues in operations.
Specific Techniques and Approaches: JIT; TQC, SPC, SQC; Flexible manufacturing systems; Group technology; Computer integrated manufacturing (CIM); CAD/CAM; Forecasting; MRP and DRP; ERP; Cost accounting for operations management.
Guidelines for contributors
• Sri Lanka Journal of Operations Management welcomes original research articles (2500-5000 words).
• Language of the journal is English.
• Articles must include an abstract (not more than 150 words) with five key words (less than 05 words), body of text, and a list of references (less than 15)
• Authors of papers/articles should indicate the full name(s), affiliations, and contact details (TP numbers and e-mail addresses) after the abstract
• Figures and tables are permitted only in black and white and limited space will be used for figures and tables.
• All citations within the text and the list of references should be made according to the “Harvard Style”
• Manuscript of research papers/articles, which ensure a high accuracy of language (grammar, punctuations, spellings etc), should be typed in MS-Word, double-spacing on A4 paper size and using 12 font size of Times New Roman. Manuscript should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com. Having blind reviewed of each manuscript, comments of reviewer(s) or decisions of the editorial board will be made available to the respective author. Once a paper/article is accepted for publication in the journal, the author should submit the final version in MS-Word format to the same e-mail address. .
• Once a paper is accepted, the author can not republish it without prior permission of the Department of Decision Sciences.
• All the communication should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com.
• Any payment will not be paid to the contributors
Dr. S. T. W. S. Yapa,
Head/Department of Decision Sciences