Demos for MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010 : ACM MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010: Call for Demos
Call For Papers
ACM MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010: Call for Demos
Submissions due: July 9, 2010 (5 pm EST)
Notification of acceptance: August 2, 2010
If you have a cool demo of your ideas, come and showcase it in MobiCom/MobiHoc
this year in the student demo competition and win the best demo awards! See
Proposals for research demonstrations and exhibits are strongly solicited.
Demonstrations should be innovative research prototypes that show new research
related to the practice of mobile computing or wireless and mobile networking.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Architectures, protocols, and algorithms to cope with mobility, limited bandwidth, limited power and/or intermittent connectivity
• Applications and services for mobile users
• Mobile cloud computing
• Fundamental aspects of mobile computing and wireless networking
• Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks
• Location-dependent applications and protocols
• Modeling, measurement and simulation aspects of mobile networks
• Mobile ad hoc and sensor networks
• Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing and networking
• Performance of mobile and wireless networks and systems
• Security, privacy, and fault-tolerance of mobile/wireless systems
• Wireless access technologies for mobile nodes (e.g., multi-radio and mesh systems, personal area networks)
• Implementations and experimental mobile systems
Student Demo Competition
This year all research demo submissions with a student lead will be
automatically entered into a Student Research Demo competition. The goal of this
competition is to encourage students to build systems and prototypes validating
their research results, and through the demo, make it more accessible to the
wider community. During MobiCom, demos will be judged by an evaluation committee
and one will be selected for the Best Demonstration Award. Demos will primarily
be judged on originality, execution, and illustration of the core research
Submit a summary of the proposed demo via email to
"firstname.lastname@example.org". The proposal should be maximum of 3 pages,
including figures if needed, and in PDF format only. Please indicate "MobiCom
2010 Demo Submission" as the subject of the email. All submissions will be
The summary should include:
• The names, affiliations, and email addresses of the authors.
• Goals of the demo and the basic idea that it supports.
• Equipment to be used for the demo.
• Space needed and setup time required.
• Additional facilities needed including power and Internet/wireless access.
• Indicate a URL with any extra information, if needed.
• Indicate whether the demo is eligible for the student demo competition by identifying the lead student(s) and their affiliations.
We encourage the submission of demos and exhibits that will be of interest to
the community from researchers in academia and industry.