SEC 2020 : The Fifth ACM/IEEE Symposium on Edge Computing
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Fifth ACM/IEEE Symposium on Edge Computing (SEC) seeks to present exciting, innovative research related to the design, implementation, analysis, evaluation, and deployment of computer systems and applications at the network edge. SEC is a forum for top researchers, engineers, students, entrepreneurs, and government officials come together under one roof to discuss the opportunities and challenges that arise from rethinking cloud computing architectures and embracing edge computing. SEC takes a broad view of edge computing and solicits contributions from many fields of systems practice that embrace any aspect of edge computing.
* Paper Submission: July 1 2020, 11:59 p.m. EDT
* Acceptance notifications: July 31, 2020
* Camera-ready papers: September 25, 2020
* Poster Submission: August 14, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EDT
* Poster Acceptance notifications: August 28, 2020
* Poster Camera-ready vision: September 11, 2020
* PhD Forum submission: September 25, 2020
* Conference: November 11-13, 2020
Topics include, but are not limited to:
* edge computing infrastructure and edge-enabled applications
* cellular infrastructure for edge computing
* edge computing as an enabler of 5G applications and services
* networking, e.g., from clients to the edge, and from the edge to the cloud
* IoT hubs
* algorithms and techniques for machine learning and AI at the edge
* geo-distributed analytics and indexing on edge nodes
* hardware architectures for edge computing and devices
* monitoring, management, and diagnosis in edge computing
* resource management and reliability for edge computing
* security and privacy issues
* vehicular, enterprise, and manufacturing systems
* programming models and toolkits
Papers will be judged on novelty, significance, clarity, relevance, and correctness. Submitted papers must be no longer than 12 pages excluding references.
The program committee is also soliciting industry and academic position papers that describe current advances and challenges in edge computing practice and academic research, and will be judged separately from papers in the research track of the conference. Such papers should follow the above submission instructions, with the exception that they may be no longer than 6 pages excluding references.
* April 22. 2020: Due to the impact of COVID-19 to the research community, SEC '20 has extended its paper submission deadline to June 26, 2020.
* June 24. 2020: SEC'20 has decided to extend the paper submission deadline for one more week to July 1. 2020. This is a firm deadline.