All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2022
CALL FOR PAPERS
16th International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS 2022)
17-20 May 2022
SCOPE AND TOPICS
RCIS aims to bring together scientists, researchers, engineers and practitioners from a wide range of information science fields and to provide opportunities for knowledge sharing and dissemination.
RCIS 2022 welcomes submissions from the whole spectrum of the information science field. The list of themes and topics includes, but is not limited to:
Information Systems and their Engineering
* Requirements Engineering
* Model-Driven Engineering
* Data-Driven Evolution
* Method Engineering
* Social Computing and Social Network Analysis
* User-Centred Design
* Collaborative Computing
* Human Factors in Information Systems
Data and Information Management
* Databases and Information
* Information Search and Discovery
* Information Security and Risk Management
* Conceptual Modelling and Ontologies
Enterprise Management and Engineering
* Business Process Engineering and Management
* Process Mining
* Enterprise Modelling
* Digital Transformation
Domain-specific IS Engineering
* E-Health, E-Government, E-Commerce
* Web-Based Applications and Services
* Smart Cities
* Industry 4.0
* Digital Humanities
* Big Data & Business Analytics
* Decision Information Systems
* Knowledge Discovery and Management
* Information and Value Management
* Cyber-Physical Systems
* Web Information Systems
* Grid Computing and Cloud Computing
* Internet of Things
* Pervasive and Mobile Computing
Reflective Research and Practice
* Research Methodologies in Information Science
* Impact of Information on the Enterprise and the Individual
* Lifecycle Models
* Design Science and Rationale
* Action Research and Case Studies in Information Science
The proceedings of RCIS 2022 will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing series. Papers shall be formatted according to the Springer LNCS/LNBIP conference proceedings template (for LaTeX and Word): https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines.
Papers that have already been accepted or are currently under review for other conferences or journals will not be considered for publication at RCIS 2022. Papers should be in English and must be associated to one of the following categories:
* Technical solution papers (max 16 pages Springer) present solutions that are novel or significantly improve existing approaches. A technical solution paper must include a preliminary validation of the proposed solution, and results must be stated clearly enough so that it is possible to validate them in follow-up research.
* Evaluation papers (max 16 pages Springer) evaluate existing problem situations or validate proposed solutions through scientific means, i.e., by empirical studies, experiments, case studies, simulations, mathematical proofs, etc. The research method must be sound and appropriate.
* Industrial practice and experience papers (max 16 pages Springer) thoroughly present problems or challenges encountered in practice, elaborate on success or failure with existing approaches, or report on industrial practice (e.g., methods and tools). A paper in this category shall provide a clear context, detail the problem or the industrial practice, and explain the lessons learned.
Please note that the maximum length of the paper includes references, appendices, etc.
In addition to the main research track, RCIS 2022 invite submissions to the following tracks: Forum, Doctoral Consortium, Research Projects, Tutorials, and Workshops.
The submission site for all types of submissions is https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rcis2022.
By submitting a paper, the authors agree that at least one of them will register to the conference and present the paper. The appearance of a paper in the Springer proceedings is dependent on the registration of one author within the early registration deadline on March 25, 2022.
We adopt a single-blind review format, meaning that the author names are included in the paper itself under the paper title.
Call for papers: http://www.rcis-conf.com/rcis2022/callPapers.php
Call for workshop proposals: http://www.rcis-conf.com/rcis2022/callWorkshops.php
* Xavier Franch, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
Program Committee Chairs
* Renata Guizzardi, University of Twente, The Netherlands
* Jolita Ralyté, University of Geneva, Switzerland
* Carme Quer, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain