All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2019
***July 1st, 2019***
13th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR 2019)
Marconi University in Rome, Italy between October 28th – 31st, 2019
The 13th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR 2019) will be held at Marconi University in Rome, Italy between October 28th – 31st, 2019
***July 1st, 2019: New Submission deadline (Full and Short papers)***
***July 1st, 2019: New Submission deadline (Posters, Workshops, Tutorials, Demos and Panels)***
* July 28th, 2019: Notification of decision
* August 25th, 2019: Camera-ready papers due
28th – 31st October 2019, Conference at the Marconi University in Rome, Italy
MTSR is an annual international interdisciplinary conference, which brings together academics, researchers and practitioners in the specialized fields of metadata, ontologies and semantics research. The conference provides an opportunity for participants to share knowledge and novel approaches in the implementation of semantic technologies across diverse types of information environments and applications. These include Open Access Repositories and Digital Libraries, Cultural Informatics, Digital Humanities, E-learning applications, Search Engine Optimization and Information Retrieval, Research Information Systems and Infrastructures, e-Science and e-Social Science applications, Industry, Agriculture, Food and Environment, Biological, Health and Medical Information Systems.
Contributions are welcome on Metadata in general, Ontologies, Semantic Web, Linked Data, Automatic Metadata Generation, Open-Access Repositories, Digital Libraries, Knowledge Management, Software Engineering, Cultural Informatics, Digital Humanities, E-Learning applications, Information Retrieval, e-Science and e-Social Science applications, Industry, Agriculture, Food and Environment, Biological, Health and Medical Information Systems, including but not limited to:
* Typology of metadata and metadata implementations
* The value and cost of metadata
* Quality evaluation in the use of Metadata
* Metadata reusability
* New or revised metadata schemas or application profiles
* Metadata standardization
* Empirical studies on metadata and/or ontologies usage
II. Languages and Frameworks for Metadata Management
* SGML, XML, UML in theory and practice
* Languages and Frameworks for Ontology Management
* Metadata and the Semantic Web
* Metadata and Knowledge Management
* Metadata and Software Engineering
* Metadata application of Semantic Web technologies
* Ontologies and Ontology-based Knowledge Management Systems
III. Case Studies
* Metadata and ontologies for librarianship, management of historical archives and archeological research
* Metadata and ontologies for the design of innovative products and processes
* Metadata and ontologies for health, biological and clinical information management
* Metadata and ontologies in finance, tourism and public administrations
* Metadata and ontologies in industry
* Metadata and ontologies in education
* Metadata and ontologies in agriculture, food and environment
IV. Technological Issues
* Metadata and ontology storage, Metadata and ontology integration, Metadata extraction and navigation, querying and editing of ontologies
* Learning Objects management
* Search engines, Localization & Visualization
* Mobile challenges
* Automatic metadata generation
* Harvesting and Managing Data for Health, Industry 4.0, Smart Cities and Smart Environments
V. Digital Libraries, Information Retrieval, Big, Linked, Social & Open Data
* Ontologies and SKOS
* Linked Data and its applications
* Information visualization
* Metadata quality
* Digital curation
* Impact and evaluation of digital libraries
* Use and re-use of digital data
* Data mining
* Open and Social Data
* Social Networking & Collaboration platforms
* Multilingual IR
* User behavior and modeling
* Big Data semantics, search and mining
* Big Data best proctices
* Reasoning on Big Data
VI. Tutorials, Workshops, Demos and Panels
You can bring in your ideas for tutorials, workshops, demos and panels. If you are interested in a particular topic, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. Submit your proposal to EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mtsr2019)
The conference welcomes the organization of special tracks focusing on particular domains or topics. Proposals for special tracks are welcome. Papers submitted to tracks undergo the same review procedures and are published in the same proceedings as those accepted for the main track. Tracks currently being organized:
* Agriculture, Food & Environment
* Cultural Collections & Applications
* Digital Libraries, Information Retrieval, Big, Linked, Social & Open Data
* European and National Projects
* Open Repositories, Research Information Systems and Data Infrastructures
* Digital Humanities and Digital Curation
* Knowledge IT Artifacts (KITA) in professional communities and aggregations
The following types of submissions are invited:
* Full papers (12 pages, CCIS format) reporting completed research
* Short papers (6 pages, CCIS format) presenting ongoing or preliminary research
* Posters (4 pages)
* Proposals for Tutorials, Workshops, Demos and Panels (1-3 pages providing a description)
Submissions should be original and not previously submitted, published and under review to other Conferences or Journals. All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality, importance and clarity following a double-blind peer review process. Submitted papers have to follow the LNCS proceedings formatting style and guidelines. Authors of accepted submissions will be asked to register to the Conference and present their work in the form of either oral presentation or poster presentation.
Interested authors can submit to EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mtsr2019)
Proceedings will be published by Springer in **CCIS 1057** (Communications in Computer and Information Science) book series (http://www.springer.com/series/7899). CCIS is abstracted/indexed in Scopus, SCImago, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, DBLP, Google Scholar. CCIS volumes are also submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings.
Other Publication Opportunities
Selected papers might be considered for a revised and extended version to be published in a range of international journals, including the International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies (Inderscience) (http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ind/ijmso) and Data Technologies and Applications (previously published as Program (Emerald) -http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/prog).
There are two types of awards: the Best Paper award and the Best Studen Paper award, both sponsored by euroCRIS (http://www.eurocris.org/).
* Best Paper award: This award will be presented to the authors of the best full research paper submitted and presented to the conference.
* Best Student Paper award: MTSR sponsors a paper competition to recognize excellence in a conference paper contribution whose primary author is a student (normally at a PhD or MRes level). The student is required to present the paper at the MTSR 2019 conference. Submissions are evaluated on their originality, scientific merits, structure, and clarity of composition.
The author of an awarded paper, and co-authors if any, will be entitled to:
* Receive a signed and stamped official award certificate by the conference organizers.
* Promote their achievement on MTSR conference webpage, and MTSR Social Media.
* Get invited to submit an extended and revised version of the awarded paper for publication in the International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies (Inderscience) (http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijmso);
* Each award comes with the price of a free access/registration to next year’s MTSR. Including all conference materials, together with the printed/digital conference proceedings.
* This voucher, in case of many co-authors, is valid only for one author of the awarded paper, and only for the MTSR conference that follows the year after receiving the award.
We look forward to see you in Rome, Italy!
Emmanouel Garoufallou, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece
Ernesto William De Luca, Georg Eckert-Institute – Leibniz-Institute for International Textbook Research, Germany
Noemi Scarpato, San Raffaele Roma Open University, Italy
Local Organization Chair
Francesca Fallucchi, Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy