All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2019
MobiSys 2019 seeks to present innovative and significant research on all aspects of mobile systems, applications, and services. The conference values technical contributions with working implementations and practical evaluations. We also welcome work that explores new and compelling mobile scenarios and applications as long as the work goes well beyond providing an initial vision.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with mobile applications, networks and systems
- Innovative mobile, mobile sensing, and mobile crowdsourcing applications
- Tools for building and measuring mobile systems
- Innovative wearable or mobile devices
- Novel software architectures for mobile devices
- Data management for mobile applications
- Infrastructure support for mobile computing
- System-level energy management for mobile devices
- Operating systems for mobile devices
- Support for mobile social networking and mobile Web
- Security and privacy in mobile systems
- Resource-efficient machine learning for mobile platforms
- Systems for location and context sensing and awareness
- Mobile computing support for pervasive computing
- Vehicular and robotic systems
- Systems and networking support for virtual or augmented reality
- Applications of mobile systems in health, sustainability, and other domains
- Non-traditional topics that bring new perspectives to mobile computing
Papers whose contributions overlap with work currently under review elsewhere must not be submitted to MobiSys. Papers whose contributions overlap with an earlier published paper will be considered only if (1) the previous paper was published (not just accepted) at a workshop at least 6 months before our submission date and (2) it adds significant new contributions over the previous paper. Authors uncertain whether their submission meets these guidelines should contact the program chairs. Papers accompanied by nondisclosure agreement forms will not be considered. Accepted submissions will be treated as confidential prior to publication; rejected submissions will be permanently treated as confidential.
MobiSys uses a double-blind review policy during the initial paper review. Authors are instructed to not include their names, affiliations and contact information on the manuscript they submit for review. Authors should also anonymize the content of their paper to hide their identity. Reviewers will not know the identity of the authors during the initial phase of the review process, however, anonymity will expire after the majority of the reviews have been submitted and preliminary outcomes decided. The identities of the authors will be revealed to the reviewers toward the end of the review process. Submissions who are not properly anonymized will be rejected without being reviewed.
We strongly encourage prospective authors to use past MobiSys proceedings as a guideline to assess the readiness of their work for submission. Due to high review load on PC members, low quality or premature work submitted to the conference is likely to receive a smaller number of reviews and the reviews may be brief.
As part of the submission process, authors of papers that describe experiments on human subjects, or that analyze nonpublic data derived from human subjects (even anonymized data), will be asked to certify that their work was vetted by an ethics review (e.g., IRB approval). We expect authors to follow the rules of their host institutions around data collection and experiments with human subjects.
Selected outstanding papers may be fast-tracked as a special section of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.
Best Paper Award
All papers will be considered for the Best Paper Award. The program committee will select a number of candidates for the award among accepted papers, and select one or more award papers prior to the conference.
The authors of each accepted paper will submit a 1-minute video that presents their papers' contributions to a general audience. These videos will be placed on the conference website before the conference, and may be played during the conference. Some of the videos will be featured on the social media channels related to the conference.
Detailed formatting guidelines and access to the submission server will be found on the Submission page.
- Abstract Registration: 7th December 2018 -- 23:59 AOE
- Paper Submission: 14th December 2018 -- 23:59 AOE
- Notification of acceptance: 6th March 2019 -- 23:59 AOE
If you have any questions, please contact Rajesh Balan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nicholas Lane (email@example.com)