All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2019
Call for Papers
LADC is the Latin-American event oriented to disseminate computer system dependability and security research advances. This year, LADC 2019 will be held in conjunction with the IX Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC) in Natal, Brazil from the 19th to the 21st of November 2019. The LADC symposium scope includes both dependability and security research works, as well as research on the technological challenges that they entail for the design, verification and validation and maintenance of systems, software, and hardware.
The main track at LADC 2019 will comprise original, unpublished research papers in two categories: (1) full research (regular) papers, (2) practical experience reports, and (3) short papers. LADC looks for works exploring new territories, continuing a significant research, or reflecting on practical experience. Full research papers should explore technology problems and propose a complete solution with results. Practical experience reports are expected to provide an in-depth exposition of practitioner experiences and empirical studies. Short papers should present preliminary research work (position papers), or a prototype/tool description, outlining the architecture, implementation and usage of substantive operational systems or tools for the research and practice of dependable and secure systems. Papers will be assessed with criteria appropriate to each category.
All aspects of dependable and secure computer systems and systems of systems are within the scope of LADC, including fault tolerant architectures, protocols and algorithms, models for performance, dependability and security evaluation, as well as, experimentation and assessment of dependable and secure systems. Authors are invited to submit original contributions on all aspects of research and practice on creating, validating, deploying, and maintaining dependable and secure systems.
The LADC proceedings will be published and indexed in the IEEE Xplore® (Confirmed). Also, an extended version of selected papers will be published in a special issue of "The Journal of Brazilian Computer Society" (Confirmed). A Best Paper Award is also a tradition in LADC and will be selected among the submitted works.
Major topics include, but are not limited to:
* Fault tolerant hardware architectures, multi-core systems, virtualization, nanoscale computers, hardware dependability assessment.
* Fault-tolerant algorithms and distributed systems.
* Dependability of networks (LAN, WAN, mobile, ad-hoc, sensor networks, protocols, SDN, Network Slicing).
* Dependability of software architectures, runtime monitoring, adaptation, model-driven engineering for the design of dependable and secure systems, testing, verification & validation.
* Dependability and security in the era of Big Data.
* Dependability and security of cyber-physical systems and systems of systems, communication networks and protocols, data storage and databases.
* Dependability and human issues, human-computer interaction, management of complex systems.
* Security foundations, policies, protocols, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion tolerance.
* Safety-critical systems and applications, incidents & accidents, risk perception, analysis and management, software certification.
* Dependability and security modeling, measurement and benchmarking.
* Maintenance, tuning of performance and availability, security configuration (including cloud-slicing).
* Dependability and security on cloud/edge/fog-computing
Papers must be written in English. Research Papers, Practical Experience Reports, and Short Papers should be respectively no longer than 10 pages, 6 pages and 4 pages, following the IEEE two-column format for conference proceedings. The category of the paper should be clearly marked in the first page. Authors are requested to first register their submissions and then submit their manuscripts in PDF format at the JEMS webpage (https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/ladc2019).
Regular Papers and Practical Experience Reports and Short Papers:
* Abstract submission: July 26, 2019.
* Full paper submission: August 02, 2019.
* Author notification: September 19, 2019.
* Camera Ready: October 1, 2019.
* Luciana Arantes (UPMC/LIP6, FR)
* Leonardo Montecchi (UNICAMP, BR)