All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2022
22nd International Conference on Web Engineering
Bari, Italy | July 5-8, 2022
Call for Contributions
* Abstract submission: January 22, 2022 (AoE Time)
* Full paper submission: January 29, 2022 (AoE Time)
* Paper notification: March 12, 2022 (AoE Time)
* Camera-ready paper: March 26, 2022 (AoE Time)
ICWE 2022 AT A GLANCE
The International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE) is the premier annual conference on Web Engineering and associated technologies. ICWE aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from various disciplines in academia and industry to tackle the emerging challenges in the engineering of Web applications, the problems of its associated technologies, and the impact of those technologies on society and culture. The 22nd edition of ICWE will accept contributions on a wide spectrum of topics related to Web Engineering, such as, among others:
- Web application modelling and engineering
- Web mining and knowledge extraction
- Web Big Data and Web data analytics
- Mobile Web applications
- Web of Things applications
- Social Web applications
- Web crowdsourcing and human computation
- Semantic Web, Web ontologies, and Linked Open Data applications
- Web composition and mashups
- Web user interfaces
- Quality and accessibility aspects of Web applications
- Web security and privacy
- Web services, computing, and standards
- Microservice architecture for Web applications
- Cloud, fog, and edge computing for Web applications
- Fairness of Web technology
- User Modelling and Recommender Systems based on Web technology
- Explainable Web technology
In addition to the research track, ICWE 2022 also seeks contributions of demos and posters, student papers to the PhD Symposium, tutorials, and workshops, which will be subject of individual calls.
The conference will be held at Politecnico di Bari in Bari, Italy. Bari is a lively city located in the South-East part of Italy, easily reachable by car, train, and plane. Further information can be found at http://icwe2022.webengineering.org/.
- Tommaso Di Noia, Politecnico di Bari, Italy
- Markus Schedl, Johannes Kepler University (JKU) Linz, Austria
- In-Young Ko, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
SUBMISSIONS TO THE RESEARCH TRACK
This call addresses research contributions in one of the following categories:
* Full papers: mature, original research contribution. Reported results must be supported by some type of validation, and also include a justification about the choice/suitability of the validation method. In addition, evidence of use in practice and/or demonstration of scalability is regarded as a plus. (15 pages)
* Short papers: short papers presenting a discussion – analysis, criticism, proposal, etc. – about relevant aspects of Web engineering topics. These papers are intended to generate discussions that promise potential for research that will impact Web engineering in the coming years. (8 pages)
Papers must be formatted according to the information for Springer LNCS authors at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html and submitted in PDF format. Papers submitted to ICWE 2022 must not be under review elsewhere while under consideration for ICWE 2022, nor may have been already previously published elsewhere. Please note that we strongly discourage authors to upload their ICWE submissions to arXiv while still being under review since doing so may hamper anonymity. Submissions that are not in compliance with the required submission format or that are out of the scope of the conference will be desk rejected without reviewing.
Accepted contributions will be included into the ICWE 2022 Springer LNCS proceedings. The best papers will be selected to be proposed, in extended form, as part of a special issue of the Journal of Web Engineering.
Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form, through which the copyright for their paper is transferred to Springer.
Submissions and reviewing are supported by the EasyChair system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2022.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. Further information can be found at http://icwe2022.webengineering.org.