All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2019
Official website: http://caed-lab.com/aied2019/index.html
AIED 2019 will be the 20th edition of a longstanding series of international conferences, formerly bi-annual and now annual, known for high quality research on intelligent systems and cognitive science approaches for educational computing applications. AIED 2019 solicits empirical and theoretical papers particularly (but not exclusively) in the following lines of research and application:
1) Intelligent and Interactive Technologies in an Educational Context: Natural language processing and speech technologies; Data mining and machine learning; Knowledge representation and reasoning; Semantic web technologies; Multi-agent architectures; Tangible interfaces, wearables and augmented reality.
2) Modelling and Representation: Models of learners, including open learner models; facilitators, tasks and problem-solving processes; Models of groups and communities for learning; Modelling motivation, metacognition, and affective aspects of learning; Ontological modelling; Computational thinking and model-building; Representing and analyzing activity flow and discourse during learning.
3) Models of Teaching and Learning: Intelligent tutoring and scaffolding; Motivational diagnosis and feedback; Interactive pedagogical agents and learning companions; Agents that promote metacognition, motivation and affect; Adaptive question-answering and dialogue, Educational data mining, Learning analytics and teaching support, Learning with simulations.
4) Learning Contexts and Informal Learning: Educational games and gamification; Collaborative and group learning; Social networks; Inquiry learning; Social dimensions of learning; Communities of practice; Ubiquitous learning environments; Learning through construction and making; Learning grid; Lifelong, museum, out-of-school, and workplace learning.
5) Evaluation: Studies on human learning, cognition, affect, motivation, and attitudes; Design and formative studies of AIED systems; Evaluation techniques relying on computational analyses.
6) Innovative Applications: Domain-specific learning applications (e.g. language, science, engineering, mathematics, medicine, military, industry); Scaling up and large-scale deployment of AIED systems.
7) Intelligent techniques to support disadvantaged schools and students, inequity and inequality in education: socio-economic, gender, and racial issues. Ethics in educational research: sponsorship, scientific validity, participant's rights and responsibilities, data collection, management and dissemination.
Please submit all papers at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aied2019
Full papers, poster papers and industry papers will be published by Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). Submissions should be in Springer format.
See https://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0 for more details.
- Full papers (10 pages + references)
- Posters (4 pages + references)
- Industry Papers (up to 4 pages + references)
- Doctoral consortium (4 pages + references)
- Workshop proposals (2-4 pages)
- Tutorial proposals (2-4 pages)
- Interactive Events (2 pages)
- Abstract for Full Papers: Feb, 1, 11:59pm PST
- Full Papers, Industry Papers & Posters: Feb 8, 2019, 11:59pm PST
- Workshop & Tutorial Proposals: Feb 27, 2019, 11:59pm PST
- Doctoral Consortium papers: Feb 27, 2019, 11:59pm PST
- Interactive Events: April 10, 2019, 11:59pm PST
General Conference Chairs
Bruce McLaren, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Rose Luckin, London Knowledge Lab, United Kingdom
Local Organising Chairs
Peter Hastings. DePaul University, USA
Amy Ogan, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Eva Millan, University of Málaga, Spain
Seiji Isotani, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil